When Custodial Parents Need To Relocate

If you are the custodial parent of your child, you must obtain written permission from the other parent or a court order before you can relocate with the child to another state, or any significant distance that impairs the right of the other parent to have access with the child. If you are the noncustodial parent, you may object to the move because it would interfere with your visitation or access rights. In either case, you need an experienced custody attorney to help resolve the matter in a way that best serves your interests and the interests of your child.

The Law Office of Linda M. DiPasquale has three decades of experience with relocation and interstate custody issues. I work vigorously to protect my clients’ rights and to help them achieve their goals.

Acting Quickly Is Essential In Interstate Custody Cases

Interstate child custody issues are generally governed by the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act. The act has been adopted by nearly every state, including New York.

If you want to litigate your child custody issue, it is critical that you retain an attorney who knows the importance of being the first one at the courthouse. It is also important to have an easily accessible custody lawyer with the experience to defend your rights. Linda M. DiPasquale is your Buffalo family law attorney for interstate custody issues.

As an interstate custody attorney, I will represent you at all stages of the legal process, from negotiations to trial. When appropriate, my firm will work with a child psychologist and other experts who can provide support for your case.

In some cases, it’s possible to negotiate a solution that’s acceptable to both parents. Typically, this involves granting the noncustodial parent extended time with the child during the summer months and around holidays.

Find Out More About Your Options

When interstate custody issues arise, protect your rights and the best interests of your children by contacting The Law Office of Linda M. DiPasquale. Call me at 716-800-2591 or contact my office online to schedule a consultation.

My office is centrally located in downtown Buffalo, one block from the family and supreme courts. For your convenience, appointments may be scheduled during flexible hours. I make sure that family law matters are handled with care.